Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 7: The thing(s) you are most afraid of...

Hmm.  Nothing like revealing your fears to the world.

1. Snakes-I'm absolutely petrified of snakes no matter how big or small they may be.  They make my skin crawl, my world sad, and my comfort level in the wilderness low.  I hate them!

2. Heights-I'm afraid of open spaces high up.  Anything with a grate just about does me in, but I am perfectly okay in an indoor building or if I am standing on solid ground.  I lose my breath and my blood pressure increases exponentially in these situations.

3. Death-While I've come to terms with this much more than in my younger days, I am incredibly afraid of death.  I remember figuring out the whole mortality thing, and I was just beside myself with the meaning behind it.  My 5 year old has started to ask questions about the cemetery and death, and I find those to be really challenging to answer.  I don't want him to worry about that yet, but I know the time will come when he will come to understand the true implications of our temporary placement on this world.  If anyone has great words of comfort on this topic, I'd love to hear them.

4. Letting someone down-I am a worrier by nature.  I blame my mom!  She is too.  I often play and replay situations I have been in where I feel I responded incorrectly or where I wish I had done something differently.  It stems from not wanting to disappoint people or have people think badly of my words or actions. That really pains me.  Eventually, I come to accept my words or actions, but it causes me stress for many days until I get to that place.


No comments:

Post a Comment