Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 5: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends.

Okay, so this prompt is a little hard for me.  I have lots of friends who blog for different reasons, and I can't identify just one of them to profess my love and desire to.  So, I got to thinking about who I know that blogs, and this made me think of this graphic that I had seen at some point in my life that really made me think about relationships I had with other women. 





Levels of Intimacy





The graphic comes from this blog.  I don't know her, but I remembered seeing this and thinking how applicable it was to my own life.

Of course, you are the middle, and then a healthy human being will formulate different levels of intimacy with other people in his/her life.  My first circle has old and adult friends.  People you talk to on a regular basis, the people who help you through those horrible times in life, and the people that know most (if not all) of your dirty secrets, and they love you anyways!  These are the people you put a great deal of energy and time into, because you care about them immensely.

 The third level is comprised of the people who were possibly in the second level at some point in your life, but who you have strayed from due to circumstances, or distance in living situations, or any other myriad of reasons.  These are the people, though, that if you saw them tomorrow, you'd just jump right back in where ever you were.  I have a few people in this level, and most of it is due to finding our own paths in life after college.  I still see them occasionally, and we have a fantastic time, but they are removed a tad from your bestie circle. 

I lump the last two circles together in my world, and I call them the circumstance friends.  This means you see these people on a regular basis.  In my world that equals work, church, neighbors.  They are people you adore and enjoy spending time with, but it is based on some activity that has brought you together.  You may have similar interests in some things or you may not.  You spend time together due to some circumstance that has brought you there.  This particular circle can have hundreds of people in it if not thousands. These people ebb and flow as your activities vary, but you genuinely enjoy their company!

My point is I have love and adoration for LOTS of people.  Some are in my besties circle, because they're my besties, and some are in my outer two circles, and I think their blogs are just as cool if not cooler, but I don't have the same kind of relationship with them.  There you have it-the study of the intimate relationship of friendship and why I can't pick just one.  I think a future post could be my favorite blog roundup, though.  Some of those ladies I've never even met, but I think they are rockstars;-)                                                                                                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment