Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 24: Top three worst traits of yourself...

Gosh. 

1. I bite my fingernails.  I do, and I have for as long as I can remember.  It bothers me a lot, but it is a nervous habit.  I'm able to stop in the summer as my stress level comes down, but once the stress is back up, I can't do it. 

2. I dwell on my shortcomings.  I often relive choices or events that I thought could have gone better over and over and over in my brain.  Sometimes I relive these for days or even weeks until I come to an impasse that I can't change the situation now.   It is a hard character trait to live with.

3. I break out in a rash when I am placed in an uncomfortable or nervous situation on my torso.  I found this out when I was in college.  It includes any situation that is a high stress (i.e. meetings, public speaking, uncomfortable social situations, etc).  I get massive red splotches all over, and I get really really hot.  The doctors tell me it is an increase in blood pressure that causes my body to respond this way.  It is annoying to literally wear your blood pressure on your chest.  So, if I'm ever talking to you, and I have a red rash on my chest, you will know I'm upset;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment