Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 22: A pet peeve...

I was reminded of this one this morning while eating my breakfast!

Notice the coffee cup, and who's spot she took at the table;-)
I'm not a sharer of my food. Think Joey on Friends-you know the one where his date tries to eat from his plate in the restaurant;-) Okay, so maybe I'm not to that extreme, but it really bothers me to have my food messed with.  It drives me ever-loving crazy when I sit down to eat, and my children eat from my plate or drink from my cup.  I lost quite a bit of weight between Isla's first and second year, and I attribute it to this!  She's the worst!

 Any meal time at our house goes like this.  We all sit down with the same variations of food on our plate, but daughter leans over into my space until she steals whatever it is that she was after.  If she likes it, then you are lucky.  If she doesn't like it, then she spits the half-chewed remnants back out on your plate.  Alex and I play musical chairs at our dinner table, because neither one of us really wants to deal with this while eating;-) Sometimes, I just concede and give her my plate and go hungry.  Some days it seems like the better option than eating schmutzed on food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment