Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Monday, July 16, 2012

Updated Bucket List

1. Swimming Lessons for Rowan- Done!


2. Science Camp for Rowan at Discovery Center- Done!


3. Vacation Bible Camp at SWUMC for Rowan and I'll volunteer as well.-In progress.  This is the week!  The theme is Operation Overboard, and I have 10 little Tadpoles in my crew with another helper and 2 youth helpers.  Night one was fantastic!  We talked about Noah and the Ark, and we made rain sticks!  We have four more nights before we finish up on Thursday!


4. Camping as a family-this is out of my comfort zone-This next weekend is the big event!  We have borrowed a tent (thanks, Lindsey), and we need to purchase an air mattress.  We are responsible for a breakfast meal.  Alex wants to make biscuits and gravy, since I never make him that at home;-)  We will need to add some other goodness to that for those of us who aren't exactly biscuits and gravy material.  We leave Friday, and we will return on Sunday!  Don't worry!  I'll be sure to post a reflection on this exhausting  fabulous experience as well as some pictures from the weekend.  It will be fun!  (If I keep telling myself this, it is bound to come true, right?)

5. Read 6 books for pleasure.- Done! I read another book this week titled, You Take It From Here.  This book was recommended to me by a colleague.  It was the story of two childhood best friends who always celebrate the year with a big vacation!  They live hundreds of miles apart, but they always come together to reconnect.  This year, Smidge takes Danielle to a remote location, and she tells her she has stage 4 lung cancer.  The rest of the book outlines Smidge trying to get Danielle to step into her shoes when she dies (raise her daughter, marry her husband, etc).  The story was heartbreaking but also really thought provoking.  It made me really analyze my "Smidge's," and think about the relationships I have with those around me!  I would highly recommend the book!  My total for the summer is now 8 books! 


6. Run 3 times a week.- Can I get a "Woot!"  I ran three times last week on my own!  I was actually keeping about a 10:15 minute mile pace, which isn't bad for me!  It felt great, and I'm excited I did it.  But, it is hot again this week.  I'm going to have to get up and do this in the a.m. if it is going to happen!


7. Go on 2 dates with Big Al.- Done!  We also have a little marital getaway in a couple of weeks to Denver!  I'm pretty excited about his, although, I'm very nervous about leaving our children:-o

No comments:

Post a Comment