Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Financial Update



This is not a great update, but it holds me accountable.  For now, I have written "Content" on our chalkboard that sits on our dining room table.  Our needs are met and more, so there is little I need:-)

1. Get PMI taken off of our Home Loan -Done in February!

2. Pay off Alex's small student loan ($641.00 to be exact)-Done in June!


3. Save enough money to replace Jolie's car by November 1, 2012 in cash!

We actually went down this month to 30%.  We had to put new tires on my car which was unexpected.  We knew they were not in the best shape, but we were hoping to be able to trade in the G6 before we had to replace them. That just didn't happen, though.  The upside is that my car rides much more smoothly now, and I don't worry about my tires being unreliable.  We also had our living room painted this month.  This has been on our to-do list since we had finished the basement.  It looks amazing, but we took the money out of this account as well.  I'm okay with this.  I look at my living room walls a lot, and my heart is much happier with a lovely purple paint job then the icky beat up green paint job we had~


So there you have it!  We went back a few steps, but we are still plodding away:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment