Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Friday, July 13, 2012

Week In Pictures

Another week down, and I'll share some of the highlights of the week!  Murphy visited us this week, and I'm still trying to stay optimistic about his appearance.  We are all healthy, happy, and loved, so there really can't be anything to complain about;-)

Isla is showing me that it is all in genetic makeup how we behave.  We have treated her no differently than her brother, but she loves to clean and take care of babies!  The other day she spent a good 20 minutes diapering her doll.  We didn't really have any doll toys, so I saw an ad in a local store for a doll stroller on Sunday.  I will say this has been the best $5.00 purchase we have made in a while.  Isla mostly played with the doll stroller this week and pushed anything she could find around in it (i.e. my phone, wipes, socks, shoes, bowls, etc).  It warmed my little maternal heart.
Isla and her prized possession at the moment!

 Alex's garden has started producing, and we are eating lots of corn and tomatoes!

Yum!

Rowan and I made home-ade goo.  It was a cornstarch mixture that changed consistency with temperature.  It was weird; I won't lie.  Rowan was a tropper, but after about 15 minutes he said, "Mom, this is gross."  I concurred, and we threw it away.  I tried;-)

Rowan's disgusted face!

Library visit!  This boy LOVES snakes~

The kids helped me make cookies!  I had lots of help!

They were chocolate mint, and they were yummy!

This makes my reading teacher heart simply smile:-)
 Alex and I each drink coffee in the mornings out of identical cups like the one in Rowan's hands.  He wanted "hot coffee" one morning this week.  He was so determined to have it, that I simply made him some hot chocolate and put it in the same cup.  He drank the whole thing!
"Are you looking at my bed head?"
 On Tuesday, I took the kids to the lake to play with some friends.  When I went to take Rowan's bike out of my car I noticed something :-(  My tire was low.  I went to a station and aired it up, but by the time I got home I knew I needed some help!
Murphy visited:-(
 My knight in shining armor came home about 5:00 and look at him.  This is why I love this man.  He changed my tire while letting Rowan help to learn too!  I love that!  Then he and Rowan ran it to the tire store to see if it could be repaired.  I wish I had a picture of the tire.  I was fairly certain it was a no-go, but Alex insisted on trying.  For the record, it was a no-go.  So, I have 4 new tires on my car as of Thursday;-)
My two main squeezes!
 Wednesday and Thursday we were home bound while we were waiting on tires.  No fun!  We played Candy Land!  The pictures speaks for how it went!
"But Mom, the green one is so yummy!"
 We water colored and drew with crayons...
So intent on working in the lines!

Drawing all over the paper!
 And this is what happened when I finally took the crayons away, because she wouldn't stop eating them!  So sad to be 19 months old!
"Mommmmm.."
We made pudding-purple pudding:-)  Rowan was my helper, and he was fairly helpful!
Stirring!

This is Rowan's eating face! 
 Today we were going to go to the pool-please note Rowan's swimming trunks.  Instead, we watched it rain for a while.  While a blessing to actually have rain, Rowan was a little sad that we couldn't go swimming:-(  We met Dad for lunch, though, and that perked him up a little bit.
Watching the rain!

See it really did rain!
 We also made a "List of Fun" for the last 3 weeks of summer.  Rowan made it with me.  It all seems doable except the beach.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get him to a beach, but maybe I'll get creative!
Rowan's to-do list!
 Since we got rained out for the pool, Lindsey said, "Let's go to the movie!"  We figured Ms. Isla out, and we met Lindsey, Gage, and Owen for a showing of Madagascar 3.  Look at those happy faces! 
Cheese!
There you have it!  The week in pictures.  Three more weeks until I go back to work.  That just means I need to be more mindful of my time to get everything done that I hoped to accomplish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment