Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Thursday, July 5, 2012

19 Month Isla Hope



Isla turns 19 months old tomorrow.  It has flown by, and I thought I'd write down some of her highlights.  It is so amazing how different children are from each other, and we are seeing that more and more in her!
Isla Hope at 2 weeks!
Isla Hope at 6 months!


Isla Hope at 9 months!



Isla Hope at 1 year!






Isla Hope at 15 months!
Isla Hope 19 months!

Isla is our talker.  We are in awe at the number of words she has at this stage of her life.  Here are some of her most common phrases in our house:-)

"I wan a snaaack!" (This is code for I'm hungry~)
"Ouch!"
"Eww!"
" Mommy!"
" Daddy"
" Dixie!"
"Milk"
"What's that?"
"Go!"
"Row!"
"Bubbles!"
"Hi!"

Nodding our head yes or no is a great communication tool with her.  She easily answers questions and responds to our directions in this manner!

She is working on her last 4 teeth this week before she gets her 2 year molars.  She has an entire set of baby teeth, now!

She mastered the stairs this week!  Can I get an, "Amen!"  We are so excited to take down the baby gate to have access to our basement!  We finished it since she was born, but we really haven't had a chance to easily access it since she has been crawling!  We are quite excited at this milestone.
Look at me!  "I can do stairs, Mom!"

Isla is my sleeper, and she always has been.  She will consistently sleep from 7 p.m. until 7 a.m.  It is lovely, and she can sleep through just about everything.  Can I get a "Woot!"

Rowan loves her and is quite protective of her, but they are certainly starting to ruffle each others' feathers.  Isla screams if she doesn't get her way, and Rowan simply relents;-)  He has learned early it is just easier that way.

She's sassy, but quite happy.  She loves to be held, and I love that about her.  Rowan was never really a cuddler, but Miss Isla would spend her whole day on my lap or hip if I"d let her!

No comments:

Post a Comment