Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer 2012 Bucket List Update


1. Swimming Lessons for Rowan- Done!  Rowan did awesome at swimming lessons this year.  I was very excited to see him bopping his head under water and starting to actually swim! 

2. Science Camp for Rowan at Discovery Center- Rowan had a ball at science camp.  Monday he made a volcano, Tuesday he made slime, Wednesday he made pudding, and then today he made a parachute.  He was a little heartbroken when another child had apparently picked up his parachute and taken it home today, but I think he had fun!  He said he wants to go again, so I know that is a good sign!

3. Vacation Bible Camp at SWUMC for Rowan and I'll volunteer as well.-I have signed up to volunteer to lead a preschool class. This isn't until July!

4. Camping as a family-this is out of my comfort zone;-)-This one could get interesting.  The lake we were going to go to is closed due to an algae problem.  Not sure if we will go camping or not.  Stay tuned.

5. Read 6 books for pleasure.- Ongoing.  So far, I have finished two.  Fifty Shades of Freed and Untraceables.  I am almost done with a third titled, Swim.  It looks like I will finish up this goal!

6. Run 3 times a week.- Ongoing.  I ran twice so far this week, and I am to run tonight at 8 p.m. with a friend. 

7. Go on 2 dates with Big Al.-Big Al and I went on Date 1 last night.  We went and saw the movie, The Hunger Games.  I had read the books, so I felt a little slided in knowing how it was going to end.  The production of the movie was great, and I thought they kept it very real to the books.  We ran to Orange Leaf after the movie for some frozen yogurt.  I had peanut butter and coffee.  It was yummilicious.  Alex ate some pistachio that was also delicious.

We also booked flights to Denver, Colorado in early August.  Big Al has a meeting, so I am going to tag along with him-without kids.  Eek!  I'm kind of a mess, as I just don't leave my kids.  It will be a nice little break from them, but I am quite nervous to leave them in someone else's care for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment