Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Make a Difference Monday

Sunday at church our pastor challenged us to follow through with "Make a Difference Monday."  The premise-go out of your way to do something unexpected or nice for someone.  Her suggestions were the typical: pay for someone's groceries, surprise someone with something they don't anticipate, call a friend etc.  I was moved by her sermon, and I felt that it was something I could certainly do. 

The truth of the matter is we get caught up in our own lives.  I get caught up in cooking, and school, and laundry, and cleaning, and all of the stuff that is really of little significance in the very end.  I mean, yes, we must eat and have clean clothes, but in the very end, the only important things I will leave behind will be the relationships I have formed with people.

I was touched and moved to be better.  Give more.  Go outside of my comfort level and give of my talents.  It takes energy and a little time, but it is certainly something I plan to do on a regular basis.  In fact, this just might be my new self improvement goal.  Make a Difference Monday~   

No comments:

Post a Comment