Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Monday, September 3, 2012

August Financial Update

I'm bummed and frustrated at my lack of progress on my goal for a car.  Truth be told, I've given myself a lot more freedom lately, and while it is fun, it has definitely shown in my lack of progress;-)  We've had many conversations here that go something like this:

Me- "Can I please just go buy a frieking car?"

Big Al- "Do you have enough money?"

Me- "Not exactly."

Big Al- "And why is this a conversation, then?" 

Me-:-(  Sad heart

This is funny, only because we have switched roles so much in this journey.  Alex a.k.a. the spender, and me a.k.a. Mrs. Tightwad.  Every Sunday I go to church, and I hear a message such as "Contentment," and "Material items don't make you richer."  It's a message I so desperately need to hear, and I continue to come to peace with our decision to purchase with cash.  

The decision to pay in cash requires much patience, and my patience is dwindling:-)  Thank goodness Alex is here to keep me grounded and on track.  

With that said, I'm so frustrated with myself, I'm not even going to post my progress this month, but I'm coming back in September with the challenge to not buy anything that is not consumable or a necessity.  The new curtains for my living room will have to wait as will new clothes for the kids!  Progress must be made!!!!! 

1. Get PMI taken off of our Home Loan -Done in February!

2. Pay off Alex's small student loan ($641.00 to be exact)-Done in June!


3. Save enough money to replace Jolie's car by November 1, 2013 in cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment