Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, August 12, 2012

We're Rolling Along~

Week one of work is done, and we all survived.  Actually, the week went WAY more smoothly than I imagined, and everyone got their groove back pretty quickly.  The kids had great reports everyday except Friday, but come on, it was Friday, and they were tired;-)

We bopped down to Wichita on Saturday morning to see some good friends who had a baby in April ( I know, I'm not friend of the year on that).  We played through the afternoon, cuddled a baby, and headed back home about 3:30 to get Rowan to a birthday party in the neighborhood!

Today has been a whirlwind with Sunday School, church, lunch, 4 loads of laundry, the painting of a bathroom, the mopping of the floors, balancing of the checkbook, and so on.  I forget how when I work, I end up doing pretty much all of the household chores on my weekend, and since we ran to Wichita yesterday, the majority of the chores have fallen on Sunday;-(

This week actually marks the start of the first week of "real" school, and we are going to be hopping.  I start coaching 8th grade volleyball tomorrow.  I loved playing volleyball back in my day, and I'm ecstatic about this challenge!  Alex has been supportive of it, and it certainly means that he will have more responsibilities with the children while I'm at school late.  The volleyball season goes through the first week of October, so it is a manageable season!

 Here's some of our week in pictures~

Rowan was being goofy and thought he was so funny with his jammies pulled all the way up to his chest:-)

This was on Wednesday night.  He is facing the wrong direction, but he just looks so peaceful!  He has stolen my  quilt a group of women gave me at Royal Family Kids Camp when I helped there.  If only he knew the love that went into the making of this quilt!  It melts my heart that he sleeps with it!

Don't ask me why there is a trashcan in the living room, but apparently it makes for a great foot stool!

This is how we roll!

Sassy was a trooper headed down to Wichita to meet baby Colton! 

The trip was exhausting, though!  I love the faded tattoo on her arm and her little hand in her snack cup as she snoozes:-)

Rowan helped Alex paint their bathroom.  It looks better:-)  This kid loves to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment