Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rowan Goes to Preschool!

Rowan started back at school this week with his friends!  We are very blessed to have two moms who have offered to help us get him to and from school since he only goes half days.  I can't even explain what a blessing this is and how much we love the skills he learns in the program.  Rowan serves as a peer model in his classroom for children with special needs.  There are currently 5 students total, but I am sure the numbers will increase as the year progresses.  I can only hope he will continue with the kind attitude he is learning now for all of his friends.

Alex took Rowan out to breakfast the first morning to "Pardee's."  That's Rowan's word for Hardee's and also the place Alex took Rowan for breakfast last year on the first day.  I think we have started a tradition;-)  We've tried to get him to say it correctly, but he just can't.  It has kind of become a family joke in our house now, especially since "Pardee's" is not exactly my idea of fine dining, but it is always Rowan's request.

Rowan eating like a "beast."
 Then Alex took Rowan to school and dropped him off!  My heart is sad that as a teacher, I will never see his first day, but I know it is a sweet bond that Alex will have with him.  Alex assured me that the teacher was nice, and Rowan chirped about school for most of the evening!  Success!

Big Guy




Rowan figuring it all out!  He looks pretty confident~

2 comments: