Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer in Pictures-Last Edition 2012

The carefree days of summer are literally gone from our house on Tuesday.  This is the last set of pictures from my summer at home with the kids, and I absolutely love that I get to spend time with them during June and July and experience life as a stay at home mom.  My heart smiles to see the changes in the kids throughout the summer-particularly the tan lines;-) 

Isla really has taken to books in the last month,  She LOVES this book right now!
We sent Rowan to my mom's house for 3 days, and this is what happened to Sassy.  She got a terrible cold, and we spent much of our time rocking in this chair.  (I apologize for the fuzzy pic, but I think she looks so pathetic in this picture.)

Here she is reading that book again with a little more spunk!

We went to the zoo and a local radio station was interviewing the director of the zoo about this python.  If you know me at all, you know I would have preferred to be on the other side of this parking lot.  But thanks to my friend, Lindsey, Rowan LOVES snakes.  He ran right up to it, and he touched it.  It took every ounce of my being not to save him!

Pure Delight!

We rode the train at Gage Park and this was the best pic of 6:-)

Picnic in the Park!

Yum! Yum!

Alex took Rowan to a local game-playing kid-pleasing establishment.  It is a rare treat for him, but he had fun!

Smile, Rowan!

Driving!

This series of pictures cracks me up.  Sassy can now unlock our phones;-( 

Pushing buttons!

She is talking on the phone.  You should have heard her!  This girl has a social calendar~

Alex had left us for 5 days to go to San Diego.  This was the afternoon he got back.  Do you think the kids missed him;-)

We had our last North Pool trip of the summer.

This is what Isla prefers to do at the pool.

Oh, don't forget the snacks!

Now Rowan is part fish.

Look at her foot!  She eats like this every single time.  We try to have her put it down, because, well, it just isn't very eloquent table manners to put your feet on the table.  She must be comfortable!

We went to the Discovery Center.  This is Isla and her friend, Owen.

This was near the end of the trip.  Rowan's heart was sad.

What a blessed summer of memories we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment