Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Update~

This was an odd week as I sent the kids to my mom's house for three days.  Then, they stayed at other Grandma's house on Thursday night, so Alex and I could go to a show.  (We saw Spanked, A 50 Shades of Grey Parody.  It was hysterical!)

It is 2:20, and both kids have been asleep for 3 hours.  Rowan doesn't take naps, but I think all of this sleep at other people's houses has thrown him into wanting the comfort of his own bed;-)  I'll take the quiet again for sure.

We marked a few items off of the to-do list.  I can't believe it is almost July! Eeek!  Where does the time go?

 1.  Go to the North Pool-Done!
2. Summer Reading Program for All-ongoing.  We have logged 13 hours with Rowan and I this summer.  Both of our kids love to read, so we spend lots of time reading! 
 3. Swimming Lessons-One week done-one to go!
4. T-Ball for Rowan-ongoing. One more game! 
Ready for the ball!

Looking around!

So hot!

He's got a pretty good little swing!

The team!

5. Firepit-Done!
6. Snow Cones
-Done! Rowan's t-ball game this week was VERY hot.  It was 105 when we started, and they only played one inning due to the heat.  I thought we could have made it the second inning, but we went and had snow cones instead.  They were delish!  

Isla had a pink snow cone!

Rowan had root beer float!  It was yummy!
 
7. Happy Hour at Dairy Queen
Done! We didn't exactly go to Dairy Queen, but we still had ice cream.  Sonic had a half price day on Shakes, so we ventured out.  Isla had strawberry, Rowan had chocolate, and I splurged and ate a peanut butter malt.  It was amazing!
8. Cupcake Trip (I'm seeing a trend here)
9. Go Fishing- Alex took the kids last Saturday while I ran in the Color Run!  These kids love to fish!
10. Chuck-E-Cheese

 11. Vacation Bible School-Two more weeks until this!  I'm still looking for volunteers for the preschool group;-)
12. Discovery Center Camp for Rowan-
This is the last week before school starts!
13. Bike Ride at Lake Shawnee
14. Feed the Geese:-o (Insert horrified look here-I hate geese)
15. SpRiNkLeR!
-
16. Bake Cookies-
17. Discovery Center-Been a couple of times now!
18. Bowling
19. Paint Therapy Uncorked
20. Movie Theater-
21. Make Homeade Ice Cream
22. Picnic at Park
23. Paint own rock
24. Donut Shop
25. Go to Branson-Done, and it was amazing!
26. Video Games with Dad-ongoing. Can I just say that I HATE video games...  I am still working on finding an appropriate amount of time for Rowan to play them!  He'd play them all day everyday if I would let him. Ugh!


Dad and Isla mowed the lawn too!  She rode the whole way!

No comments:

Post a Comment