Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Update~

 Vacation has come and gone, and we are in full summer bliss here at our house. 

 I'm enjoying this season of life where both kids are able to go and participate, and they are really starting to play together (most days).  Of course, there is the occasional, "Row Row is hitting me," but they really are pretty tolerant of each other.  While I still can't sit down and read a book with them both awake, I am at least able to get a little bit of housework done while they entertain themselves.  

I've updated our summer list, and we are chipping away at it.  With swimming lessons this week, we didn't have as much time to play, but next week should be better!


1.  Go to the North Pool-We went on Tuesday for Gage's birthday celebration.  It was fantastic, and we made it until 3:00 p.m.  We will definitely be going back!
2. Summer Reading Program for All-ongoing.  We have logged 7 hours with Rowan and I this summer.  We have made it through 4 of the Magic Treehouse books now, and we are working on the fifth.  Rowan LOVES them.
 3. Swimming Lessons-We started this week, and both kids have done fantastic!  I'm impressed.  We will finish our second week at the end of July.

Sassy sits on the step when it isn't her turn and plays.


She's doing great.  Blowing bubbles and jumping in!


A little kicking practice!

Rowan's pretty independent and most of his swimming is below water;-)

 4. T-Ball for Rowan-ongoing.  Two more games to go!
5. Firepit-We had a cool evening one night where Alex lit up the firepit, and we all sat around!
6. Snow Cones
7. Happy Hour at Dairy Queen
8. Cupcake Trip (I'm seeing a trend here)
9. Go Fishing- Rowan and Isla have gone with Alex twice now to fish since school has been out.  They both love it, and I enjoy the quiet the empty house brings.  I'm thinking this will be an ongoing activity!  We fished a lot on our vacation!
10. Chuck-E-Cheese

 11. Vacation Bible School-Rowan is signed up, and I will be volunteering!  This is the third week of July!
12. Discovery Center Camp for Rowan
13. Bike Ride at Lake Shawnee
14. Feed the Geese:-o (Insert horrified look here-I hate geese)
15. SpRiNkLeR!
-Rowan loves the sprinkler, and the kids have been in it a couple of times.  It is so much easier than the pool!
16. Bake Cookies- Rowan and I made Rice Crispy treats last week, and we all enjoyed them.  They were yummy!
17. Discovery Center-Been a couple of times now!
18. Bowling
19. Paint Therapy Uncorked
20. Movie Theater-Done, and I just don't want to think about this one again.  It was that bad!
21. Make Homeade Ice Cream
22. Picnic at Park
23. Paint own rock
24. Donut Shop
25. Go to Branson-Done, and it was amazing!
26. Video Games with Dad-ongoing. We are still playing Skylander Giants, and Rowan told me this morning, "Will you put all of the Skylanders on my Christmas List".  Oy, oy, there are 48 of them!

We took Dad out for ice cream on Father's Day.  Sassy loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment