Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Monday, June 24, 2013

A Blessing!

It is a Monday afternoon, and I am sitting quietly in my own picked-up living room soaking in the silence!  So peaceful.

 My mom, bless her heart, is on vacation.  My mom being a doer, though, said, "I'll take your kids for a couple of days on the farm, and you get stuff done".  Oh, the blessing this is! 

Alex and I ran the kids to meet Grandma and Poppy yesterday afternoon.  Then we returned to our home, kidless-so weird.  We aren't the kind of people who don't have our kids and have nothing to do.  Typically if we are kidless, we are at a meeting or event or there is some purpose behind their absence.  There is no purpose for this kidless expedition other than my mom wanted to spend some time with the grandkids and realized I could use some quiet in my life;-)

I am grateful for her generosity, and I am working my way through my to-do list that moves so much faster when you don't have to deal with the little people!

I love my mom, love my kids, and I'm loving this quiet~

No comments:

Post a Comment