Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Stop and Smell the Roses!

We had an amazing weekend full of friends and relaxation!

The reality is if you look at my kitchen floors, you would cringe at the remnants left from children and dog and husband, but I took this weekend off for a little soul searching.  We are in a weird place right now trying to pave the rest of our lives.  You know, the typical conversations, "More kids or no more kids?"  "Do I really think I can do this for the rest of my life?"  "Honey, I think we should buy a business:-)"  It seems like every other conversation is a fairly important one, and that is just plain stressful:-)

So, in my soul searching, I was determined to write some gratitudes.  My soul needed a smile to start off the week~  Here is the list in no particular order!


1. My hubsly who is still the kindest man I know. (Okay, I guess, this one is in the correct order;-)


2. The color pink!  It just makes me smile. 


3. Chocolate!  I could not exist without said food.  Seriously.  It would be miserable!

4. Rowan Blane and Isla Hope.  They make me smile every.single.day!


5. Naps:-)  I'm a sleeper, and I always have been.  My perfect day would include a 2 hour nap.

6. Friends:-)  This world would be a lonely miserable place without people to share it with.  I sure hope when I'm gone, there will be someone that says, "Gosh, she was a nice person."  There are lots of people who have made mine a happier place, I know!

7.  Coffee!  


8. Dixie Dog.  She's big, she's black, and she sheds all over God's creation, but we love her.  I can't imagine not having her and her loyalty to the kids.  Wherever they are, she is right behind them.  Seriously, look through the pictures and see if you can find her;-)  It is really kind of a fascinating relationship she has with the kids, and she certainly completes our family for the time being;-) 

Tomorrow is Monday!  I love Mondays-for real!!

No comments:

Post a Comment