Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Almost 30!

Eeek!  In two days I will no longer be a 20 something, but instead I will be a member of the 30's club.  Sigh.  It seems old, and I'm fairly certain I am not old enough to join this club:-)  

Alex and I were sitting on the front porch this evening discussing my birthday, when I responded, "Did I accomplish everything I was supposed to do by 30?"  He responded with, "Two kids, nice husband, great job, pretty house, and a large dog.  What more would you want?"  There was a pinch of sarcasm in his voice, but it certainly put it into perspective.  I can't think of a thing I would do differently if given the option, and I feel incredibly blessed with what I have.  So in two days, I'm joining the club.  I've heard it is a fun club to join, and I suppose I will be ready:-) 

With the start of a new decade, I'm adding to my to-do list for my 30s! I want to go to Hawaii as a family!  I want to experience the beauty of Hawaii with our family and give Rowan and Isla some incredible memories!  In 10 years when I get ready to join the next club, I certainly hope I can cross this off my list~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment