Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, May 20, 2012

30th Birthday Accomplishments!

So I posted earlier about a surprise party on my birthday, but little did I know that I would have a second surprise party from the girls at work!  Gosh~  I hate surprises, and I was very unsuspecting of this party.  It was a combination party since 3 of us turned 30 within a month at work!  It involved dinner and dancing.  Lots and lots and lots of dancing:-)  My friend Jenny dubbed the night I became "Finally Fun Jolie," so we all know it was a great time!  Thanks friends~

The real surprise came in preparation for the night when I decided to use some scrub that Stephanie Vopat had given me the week before at my first party.  I had gone through my presents, but clearly I had bopped through them pretty quickly.  In going back through her sack, I found a typed up letter that she had written for me titled:

"Jolie Darby's Accomplishments on Her Thirtieth Birthday"

You see, earlier in the week I was having a hard time with the new decade.  But leave it to Stephanie to put everything into perspective for just how great life is.  She is an optimist, and she definitely keeps me grounded.  They are so amazing, that I'm going to share them here!

1. She takes care of herself and is still hot. (This made me smile~)
2. She was not a teenage mother.
3. She has earned a high school diploma, an undergraduate degree, and a master's degree.
4. She saved her husband from a miserable, lonely existence by agreeing to be his beautiful bride.
5. Her children are well-adjusted.
6. Her family is healthy. (Amen)
7. Her family is happy.
8. Her children are loved every single day.
9. If her husband's smile is anything to go by, he really loves her!
10. She has not lost everything and/or destroyed her family's lives because of an addiction.
11. She is a successful teacher.
12. Her students like her.
13. Her children do not listen to gunshots everyday.
14. Her children sleep knowing they are safe, secure, and very much loved.
15. She still loves her mama. (She is right!  Moms always make it okay!)
16. She listens to others.
17. Even though early motherhood kicked her booty, (True Story) she figured things out, got it right, and continues to get it right. Every. Single. Day.
18. She is kind. 
19. She is not a felon. (Woot! Woot!)
20. She believes in a higher power. Still.
21. She isn't done.

What an amazing list!  It is all in perspective and contentment.  I'm really working on contentment right now, and I've decided that I have some amazing people in my life!  Life is good!  Thank you Vopat for making me see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment