Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Friday, December 26, 2014

Baby #3 Update~

I've hit a nesting spree in our house, so I figured I should document a little bit of Baby #3s progress before it is over;-)


My baby bump at 25 weeks~
Latest Doctor Appointment: I failed my 1 hour glucose test at the beginning of December.  I have never failed with either of the other two, so I had not expected that at all.  This last Monday I went and sat for 3.5 hours in the OB waiting room and had 4 blood draws to see if I did in fact have gestational diabetes.  My dad has been a diabetic for 45 years, so this weighed heavy on my heart.  They called on Tuesday and said all was fine, and I passed.  What a sigh of relief!  I got to hear Baby Girl's heartbeat, and she is doing great! We are measuring right on target, so we should see her on or around March 27.  I go to the doctor again on January 7, and then I'm already to every 2 week appointments!

Weight Gain:  I've gained 17 pounds now at 27 weeks.  I've never gained more than 24 pounds at the end, and it is not looking optimistic that I will stay under that with 13 weeks to go.  I'm sad about it, but it is more important that I grow a healthy baby.  I will just have my work cut out for me once she is born.

Cravings:  I haven't really had any cravings with this one.  Perhaps it is that I'm just too busy/tired to really think about a specific craving.  I miss wine-A LOT!  I'm pretty sure I will be bringing a bottle to the hospital with me to celebrate the arrival of the little Miss;-)  The upside is that our family budget has benefited from my lack of wine consumption, though;-)

Complaints: I hurt...  all over...  Baby #3 is much more painful than the other two.  Perhaps it is due to being 32...  My back hurts, my hips kill me, and I feel like my pelvis is splitting in two pretty much all of the time.  I've never been a medicine taker, so I just grin and get through it.  I'm still sleeping okay, which is amazing, but Baby Girl comes alive as soon as I lie down at night, so I'm trying hard to enjoy her playtime during my sleep time;-)  

Nesting: We have put the two big kids together in bunk beds, and we are slowly transforming Isla's old room into the nursery again.  I'm digging out what baby stuff I can find, and we are slowly getting ready.  It's amazing how much more prepared I feel having done this a couple of times before.  

To Do List: We still need to purchase a new car seat for the baby and a few clothes to get us started.  I picked my car seat out yesterday, so now we just need to purchase it, and we will be ready;-) 

Thirteen weeks to go until we see our little addition!!

 

   






No comments:

Post a Comment