Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Goals~

We are almost into 2015!   Alex has been home since Christmas Eve, so we have spent some time decluttering and organizing.  My heart overflows when he starts cleaning;-)  That is a stretch for him to say the least!  

Tonight over supper we hashed out some family goals for 2015!  I find that we are much more focused, and we see progress when we set goals.  Even more so when he is a part of the conversation!  I have also learned to keep my list streamlined to help it actually remain attainable.  That doesn't always work out for me, but it is at least a start!


So here are the family goals for 2015.


1. Pay off Alex's undergraduate loan by October 1, 2015
Alex was on the 5 year plan 10 years ago, so his loans were a bit more than mine when we exited school in 2004.  To date, he has about what I had at this time last year left on his loan.  We managed to pay off mine last year, so this year we are tackling his!  We have 100% of the loan to go!  

2. Establish a will

I looked back through my blog, and this has been on my goal list since 2010.  I've failed at it 4 times.  I don't know why this one is so hard for us to accomplish.  Well, I do know.  I hate to think about death, and even more so, I hate thinking about the possibility that I will not be around to see my children grow up.  That notion alone makes this a daunting goal for me.   If it is to be accomplished, Alex is really going to have to do the upfront work on it.  I may just have to communicate that to him if there is any hope that this will actually be a reality.   

3. Read the Bible in 2 years

This was also a goal from last year.  I did pretty well until August when I got pregnant and went into survival mode for 12 weeks due to horrible morning sickness.  We are starting a new plan at church in January, and I'm going to start again with the hope that I can finish the Bible in 2 years.  That seems doable!

4. Go on 1 family vacation

We did not take a vacation last year.  Alex was crazy busy at work, and it simply didn't happen.  We determined if you don't plan for it, it will not happen.  Alex has already been in contact with a vacation planner.  We are headed somewhere, and we aren't planning it, so we know it will happen!  I'm excited!  It will be our first trip as a family of 5.  I'm sure it will hold some adventures!  

5. Have a baby

This seems like an easy one to accomplish, but it will change the family dynamic a bit.  The house is so excited to welcome our baby girl.  Even Isla seems to think that this will be a blessing now, and she has vowed to help change diapers.  We will see if she is still singing that tune in 3 months!  

That's it!  Hopefully these will help us stay focused on what is important to spend out time, energy, and resources on as we step into 2015!  Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment