Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer Fun-Week 2~

Summer is going great.  It is amazing-really!  No stress, the house is clean, I search for recipes and cook them nightly, I have time to read and exercise.  I'm thinking about letting Alex know that my summer isn't going to end this year.  It will just be summer all year long.  I'm pretty sure I know what he will say to that, but hey, a girl can dream;-)  

 It has been cold and rainy here.  Not my idea of summer, but it has contributed to the clean house.  This week I tackled the mini-blinds.  Gross, gross, gross is all I can say, and I am glad that domestic chore is done!  We made some progress on the list below and some of my honey-do-list.  Yeah for progress!


1. Fondue for Supper   

2. Swimming Lessons for Rowan and Isla In progress as we speak.  We will go for 10 lessons.  So far it has been very COLD, but they have been troopers!
3. Nature Camp for Rowan 
4. VBS for Rowan and Isla This starts on July 13.  We are in planning mode at church now.
5. Swimming at the North Pool
6. Bowling
7. Movie Theater I took the kids to The Lego Movie on Saturday so Alex could paint Isla's bedroom unassisted.  Isla struggles with movies, but she did okay.  Rowan loved it, of course.
8. Going Bonkers
9. Picnic at the Park
10. Smores over the Firepit
11. Sprinkler Fun  x3
12. Travel to Grammy and Poppe's House
13. Summer Reading Program for Rowan and Isla Went to the library again on Monday.  The kids are rocking it.
14. Paint Rocks
15. Zoo
16. Gage Park and Train
17. Fishing with Dad
18. Make Ice Cream Oh, this could be dangerous.  So easy to do in my new maker I got for my birthday.
19. Sidewalk Chalk   We did this on Saturday again so Alex could paint.  Rowan was drawing aliens with bombs.  Isla drew the sun.  Their choices seem telling of their brains at the moment.
20. Make Cookies for Friends
21. Farmer's Market
22. Discovery Center
23. Baseball for Rowan We started baseball 2 weeks ago.  So far, it has been rained out twice.  Hopefully, we will have our first game on Saturday.
24. Fourth of July Fireworks
25. Water Balloon Fight
Isla has spent many hours doing this!


Rowan holding the snake Diego at Nature Camp.  EWWWW!!!

Movies!

Look at that adorable grin!

Smile!

The legos have kept us entertained for hours as well.

What did we ever do before tablets???

That boy on the ground is a garden statue.
They kept throwing
him over, and then they would
go rescue him.  It was hysterical to watch.

Working hard at swimming!

The monkey crawl~
Isla spends a great deal of time here during swimming lessons;-)

Kicking and blowing bubbles~

No comments:

Post a Comment