Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The First of the Next 13 Years!

It happened.  Rowan started Kindergarten.  People always say how quickly time passes, but I never have been one to see it.  Oh, how true it is!

I can't believe it has been 5 and a half years since we brought that little guy home from the hospital.  He was so needy, wouldn't eat, and caused me a few tears in those first few weeks.  We survived, though, and I wouldn't ever guess time would pass so quickly.

Rowan Blane Just Days Old

We celebrated a few birthday parties along the way.  We've done frogs, pirates, trains, and superhero parties as his interests have evolved and Dad's baking skills for that matter;-)

1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
4th Birthday-(I'm not sure why we didn't frost the whole cake-weird)

5th Birthday

We've done  t-ball and soccer to develop those social skills and maybe foster a wee bit of athleticism;-)


We've been to preschool to build those foundational skills and learn how to be a friend!

And somewhere along the way, 5 and a half years passed, and I sent my little boy off to the big world of school!  He has the sweetest teacher, and he is rocking this school thing.  Alex drops him off at the community center in the a.m. since I have to be to work so early, and they walk him over to school at 8:15.  He is going back to the community center in the evening until I'm done coaching volleyball, and I get him picked up about 5:00.  He is exhausted by then, and I can tell he has worked hard all day!

The Duo
Rowan's First Day of School and My 10th Year of 7th Grade


We are finding our groove, and Rowan is proud to get to go to "big" school now! Now if he could just ride a school bus, his world would be complete!    



1 comment: