Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter!!

We are part of a 20s/30s bible study at our church.  We enjoy the fellowship but also the spiritual growth we are able to make.  I grew up Catholic, very Catholic, but I know very little about the Bible.  I don't know if I just didn't make the connection at a young age or if I really was never taught it, but I have learned a great deal in the last year!

As a group, we agreed to go through a Lenten study.  We ultimately decided upon Adam Hamilton's, 24 Hours That Changed the World.   Oh, my! is about all that I can say.

I believed I always knew Jesus's story, but I never fully knew Jesus's story until the completion of this study.  It was powerful, horrifying, and simply deplorable on so many levels.  I just have no understanding of how someone can treat another human being with such cruelty. I had nightmares, and I really had no desire to go to our study on at least one Sunday, but I did.  All I had to do was hear his story, but it was Jesus that had to endure the story.  There are just no words.

So, Easter had a whole new perspective for me this year.  The kids still dressed up, hunted Easter eggs, and went to Sunday school.  Alex and I went to church, and it was joyous after our study.  The music was beautiful, and I was reminded of how very blessed I am to be a child of God.


We colored eggs!

Sassy's Easter basket~

Rowan's Easter basket~

Rowan going through the goods~
We hunted eggs outside~



Isla was all over finding eggs for her basket~

The silly Easter Bunny even left one in the swing;-)


We were dashing to find one!

I just love this little girl~
Big smiles before church~
  We hosted Alex's parents over later that afternoon for Easter dinner and soccer playing outside.  It was peaceful, quiet, and a true celebration of our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment