Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Break!

Spring break is upon us, and I am just now getting into the groove of it on Wednesday;-)

Life has been a bit chaotic around here the last month or so.  I haven't felt good at all, and Alex has been crazy busy at work bringing home work several nights a week.  It makes for a tired Mom and Dad, although we are continuously reminded of the blessings of too much work;-)  I'm still teaching my night class which has also proven to be much more time consuming than I anticipated.  This is where I really hate being a Type A personality!  I really want to do it right, which means I invest a lot of time into getting it done perfectly;-)  So, needless to say, this week is kind of a get our feet back under us kind of week.  There wasn't a to-do list.  That is just stressful, and I really don't need more stress.  If it gets done, it gets done, and I'm just really not going to fret it too much.  We are only in this season of life for a short while, so I'm giving myself grace this week!

We have managed some fun time along with the usual house cleaning and decluttering.  Here's the week's progress so far:

1. Cleaned the microwave-EWWW!
2. Cleaned the refrigerator.
3. Done more loads of laundry than I can even count-almost all caught up!
4. Vacuumed
5. Dusted
6. Made Rice Krispy Treats and Homeade Granola Bars
7. Started reading a book for pleasure.
8. All caught up on grading for both school and night class-Woot! Woot!
9. Napped every day but 1!
10. Took kids to the zoo in the SNOW~
11. Took Rowan painting at Paint Therapy Uncorked

We colored!  Well, I should say, Rowan colored.  Isla sat on the table and arranged the crayons!

So detailed!

So not coloring!

This girl has personality!  Can you tell?


We've done some of this!  Really, we never get to watch cartoons in bed.  Isn't that what spring break is for?

We painted.  Rowan painted a rocket ship!

Rowan's BFF-Gage!

So proud;-)

Funny faces~

Me and my 2 sons;-) 
I'm okay with these accomplishments, and I still have 4 more days to add stuff to accomplished list;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment