Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, April 27, 2014

April Goal Update~

The school year is fast approaching an end.  I'm not going to complain about that one little bit, but it means that another month has flown by.  We are still working through our goals here!


1. Pay off Jolie's undergraduate loan by October 1
If I said we had 100% of the loan left to pay when 
we made the goal, we are now down to  70% 62% 
of the loan left.  I'm working hard to throw 
everything extra at this. Alex hates it when I 
get in this mode, because we really don't buy 
anything except food and bare necessities;-)  
Good for the loan, not so good for the husband 
that likes to spend money.  He will survive,
 though, I'm sure.  May won't be near as 
exciting as we have both of our birthdays, 
our wedding anniversary, and Mother's Day 
in the mix.  

2. Establish a will
We talked about this tonight-perhaps 
because I knew I was going to update the 
blog.  I need to just push Alex on this since
 he is the one that will make the contact.  

3. Read the Bible in 1 year
I read the Bible 2 days this month.  Fail!  
The Big Man upstairs and I are not on the 
best terms right now, so this has hampered 
my desire to actually read the Bible.  I'm 
working through my frustrations, and I 
still hope to get back on track this summer.  
Perhaps, by then, my heart will be in a much
 better position than it is right now.  

4. Read 30 books by December 31, 2014
I have read 9 14 books so far in 2014. Since I'm 
not reading the Bible, this has freed up more 
time to read for pleasure;-)  I didn't read 
anything Earth shattering this month.  My 
favorite of the 5 was a book titled, Trash,
by Andy Mulligan.  It is about three boys 
who live in a dump-literally.  They find 
something in the dump that changes 
everything about their life.  It was a fast 
YA read, and it really brought great imagery
 to the level of poverty many live in everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment