Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Goals~

Goals
2013 is almost behind us, and 2014 is going to be here in a couple of days. I have found success in making financial and personal goals to help focus my time and energy in the coming year.  I have also learned to make fewer goals to help keep the momentum.  At this stage of my life and commitments, less is more;-)

So, here is a look at how 2013 shook out.

1. Save enough money to replace Jolie's car by August 1, 2013 in cash!
Well, we purchased a 2008 GMC Acadia in January.  Truth be told, my car was really going to need some work, so we made the decision to go ahead and buy the new vehicle.  I love my new car, but not the payment so much;-)

2. Go on one family vacation for at least 5 days out of the state of Kansas paid for in cash!
We went to Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO, last summer.  You can read about it here. It was perfect for our season of life.  Rowan was just asking when summer would be here.

3. Read 23 books from January 1 until December 31!  
I updated my Goodreads account last night with what I could remember I had read this year.  I completed a reading program for our UMW unit, read a smattering of YAL, a few self-help books, a couple of inspirational books, and then my typical romance/murder mystery.  I really go through phases of what I get sucked into, but I can definitely cross this one off the list. 

So onto 2014 we go!!

1. Pay off Jolie's undergraduate loan by October 1, 2014
Currently, this fund has 24% of the original loan left that we started paying on 9.5 years ago.  It is finally at a manageable level, so I am hopeful this one can be gone in 2014!  If we are successful, it will be a whole four years early!  Squeal!

2. Establish a will
This has been on our list before, and we still have not got it taken care of-our financial adviser will be so disappointed:-(  This is really a priority for 2014~

3. Read the Bible in 1 year
Our pastor organized this challenge for many in our church.  I outlined the plan here. We started on December 1, and Big Al is doing it too!

4. Read 30 books by December 31, 2014
I have learned this year that I must take time to fill my own cup.  I really could work 24 hours a day.  My sanity must not do that, and I must take time to do the things I enjoy.  Reading is one of those things, so I'm increasing my book total for 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment