Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Valentine's Crafts~

I've been crazy busy the last month!  Crazy busy!  While I love looking back at the blog, I just didn't have the energy to muster up a post.

I was hired at the local university the Thursday before classes started to teach an undergrad class.  I love it, but it has certainly taken up some of my time in the evenings.  We are working with the strategic planning committee at church which has also taken quite a lot of time, and I am on a technology committee at school which takes yet more time.  I can't say I don't enjoy any of these commitments, but it has definitely added a great deal of stress to my life.  I'm currently working on not taking life so seriously;-)  When faced with a new project, I jump in full body all at once.  I think about it, dream about, contemplate it in the shower, etc.  So, we are working on balance at our house right now;-)  Must find balance...

With that said, I did manage to complete a craft afternoon with a couple of girls 2 weeks ago.  We picked crafts, bought supplies, and then crafted up a storm.  It was fun, and stressfree;-)

Craft 1: Yarn Wreath
Styrofoam Wreath: $4.99
Grey Yarn: $4.25
Felt for Flowers: $2.00
Ribbon: I borrowed some from a girl who already had this, so FREE!
 Total: $11.24

 I wrapped my wreath beforehand which took about an hour and a half.  Then it took about 1 hour to make my flowers, and I literally hotglued them on.  I love the wreath, and it looks great against my white front door.


Craft 2: Felt Pennant
Felt: $4.24
Ribbon:$1.99
Total:  $6.23

I cut out the pennants and then the letters.  I hotglued the letters to the pennant, and then hotglued the tab on the back down over the pink rope.  It worked like a charm!  I really like it against my yellow chevron too:-)


Craft 3: Canvas Art
Felt: $.24
Canvas: $7.99 for pack of 2
Buttons: $4.99
Black Paint: On hand!
Total:  $13.22
This project was my favorite.  Alex painted the chevron pattern for me to match my kitchen curtains.  Then I cut a large red felt heart and hotglued it down to the canvas.  Then you just hotglue the red buttons to cover the heart.  It took the better part of an hour to do the buttons, but I think it turned out great!  I hung this in my kitchen, and I know I'll have a hard time taking it down after Valentine's Day:-)

So, there you have it.  Life's busy, I was a little crafty, and we are trying to find balance at our house so we still like each other and ourselves;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment