Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Little Bit Crafty~

Over winter break, I dug out my crafty materials and accomplished a couple of projects around the house!

This is a shower curtain I bought for the kids' bathroom almost a year ago. I loved it, but I couldn't find art to put on my bathroom walls to save my life.  I finally gave up and decided I would have to paint something myself.


So here is what I came up with!  It is simply a canvas with minimal acrylic paint.  It took me a couple of hours one afternoon to paint, and I am satisfied with it.  It looks good in the bathroom now, and I can stop looking for owl paintings;-)

 Materials-
Canvas size 16x20 (2 pack for $7.99)
Acrylic Paint (I already had)
Paint Brush ($.47)

Total: $4.46 and a couple hours of time~

I also had my kitchen painted grey over the break.  I had black curtains up, so I decided they needed a makeover.  I found this fantastic yellow chevron pattern at Hobby Lobby.  Alex actually whipped up the curtains since he is the seamstress in our house;-)  I love them!  They make our kitchen look much bigger, and they are a bit funky!

I also made the EAT sign on the left!  It adds some more color to the room as well.



Curtain Materials-
2 and 1/2 yards Chevron fabric ($12.47-I had a coupon)
4 packages of curtain clips (2@$4.97 and 2@$6.47)

Total:  $35.35

Sign Materials-
3 Cardboard Letters ($2.47 each)
Acrylic Paint (I already had)
Paint Brush ($.47)

Total: $7.88

I loved the letters so much I also did them in my laundry room.  It is painted a mustard yellow, so I painted grey letters to spell WASH.  I think they really fill in the empty space I had next to our door that leads to our garage.

Sign Materials
4 Cardboard Letters ($2.47 each)
Acrylic Paint (I already had)
Paint Brush (I already had)

Total: $9.88

I'm working on curtains for my purple living room as well!  Stay tuned~

No comments:

Post a Comment