Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Alex, Jolie, Rowan, Isla, and Maryn

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh, Spring Break!


Spring Break started last Friday, and we are enjoying every minute!  Alex and I have both had the flu (think high fevers, achy icky feeling) for the past week and a half.  I finally went to the doctor on Friday for some meds, and I am well on my way to feeling better.  He is still coughing and icky feeling, but at least he is at work this week:-)  Last week he only made it 3 of the 5 days. 

We have a quiet week planned, and I am okay with that.  Monday we stayed home all day!  The kids and I played in our pop up tunnel, watched the rain, made cookies, folded some laundry, read books, and just plain lounged.  It was amazing!

Today the kids and I ran some errands this morning-things that have needed done for weeks that I just haven't had time to do.  Then we went to the library as a treat for Rowan.  He has been asking for a couple of weeks to go, and quite honestly, we just hadn't made it.  He made some great choices, and it was a fun little outing!  Since it was about noon, we ventured over to Alex's work to have some lunch with Dad.  The kids were great as we made our way to Henry T's for lunch, and Rowan was quite excited to see Alex since he was still sleeping when Alex left for work this morning:-)  It was amazing food, and even more amazing company.  I took the kids home and put Isla down for her nap.  Then Aunt Reesa came over for the afternoon for a showing of 101 Dalmations and some Candy Land!  It was fantastic, relaxing, and just plain why I love being a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment